Daily from May till October
From Agia Marina, Agioi Apostoloi, Chania City, Gerani, Halepa, Kalamaki, Kolymbari, Maleme, Platanias, Stalos, Tavronitis
Duration 14 hours approximately
Arrival at Xyloskalo, Samaria Gorge
No holiday in Crete is complete without a trip through the 2nd longest gorge in Europe, the Gorge of Samaria. It is the longest and most imposing ravine in the Mediterranean. It is 16.5 kilometers in length from the position of Xyloskalo and terminates at Agia Roumeli in the Libyan Sea. We will arrive around 7 o’clock in the morning and after a short break you will start walking. Descending the 600 wooden steps you will be intrigued by the beauty and serenity of this massive gorge which is shadowed by the White Mountains. You will come across the church of St. Nicolas, built on the ruins of an ancient temple. Afterwards you will reach “Portes” or “Iron Gates”, the narrowest pass of the gorge. The hike ends at Agia Roumeli.
|First stop Omalos Plateau
|Begin hike Xyloskalo
|End hike at Agia Roumeli Village / free time to eat, drink and swim
|Meet your guide at Agia Roumeli and get the ferry-boat tickets to Sougia
|Departure from Agia Roumeli to Sougia
|Arrival to Sougia
|Arrival at Chania
The timing of the program will be approximate, depending on traffic and weather conditions as well as the unexpected overcrowding.
✅ Pick-up & Drop-off service (mainly from hotels at Agia Marina, Agioi Apostoloi, Chania City, Gerani, Halepa, Kalamaki, Kolymbari, Maleme, Platanias, Stalos, Tavronitis is provided. If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest pick up point)
✅ Transport by air-conditioned luxury bus
✅ Professional guide
❌ Boat ticket from Agia Roumeli to Sougia (13€ per person) – Paid on the spot in cash
❌ Entrance fee to the Gorge (5€ per person) – Paid on the spot in cash
❌ OPTIONAL & UPON REQUEST Pick-up and drop-off service from/to Kalyves area +10€ per person with a minimun number of 4 people – Paid upon booking
❌ Personal expenses
For cancellation up to 2 days prior to arrival no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to arrival 100% cancellation fees
Non-show 100% cancellation fees
- The trip is not recommended for any person with a history of knee problems, high blood pressure, cardiac and pulmonary problems, for pregnant women and for anybody who suffers from vertigo/fear of heights!
- Due to the difficulty of the hiking tour, bookings with young children until 14 years old will not be accepted. If you are staying in Chania region and you would like to visit Samaria with your children we advise you to check our Samaria, The Lazy Way tour!
- For bookings 2 days before departure please contact us in order to check availability!
- Please provide fullname, telephone number (country code included), e-mail and accommodation details (hotel name & address) upon booking.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
Upon booking you will receive from us in a separate mail your activity’s voucher with specific pick-up details (please check your spam folder as well)
For clarifications please send us a mail at email@example.com or contact us at +30 2810 335 227
We are at your disposal from Monday to Friday 09:00 am till 20:00 pm and Saturday 09:00 till 15:00 pm