Every Monday from March 20th till November 5th
Duration 10 hours / Starting time 08:30 am – Ending time 18:30 pm
An exciting full day tour in Minoan Crete which will give us the oportunity to see the biggest minoan cities.
We begin our day with a visit the Knossos Palace which was built from 1700 to 1400 BC. Advanced architectural techniques were used in its construction, and sections of the palace stood up to 5 stories high. Settlements in Knossos date as far back as the Neolithic period. Neolithic remains from around 7000 BC are found throughout Crete. Explore the ruins of the ancient Minoan civilization. Knossos Palace featured 1,300 rooms connected by corridors, and a theater and extensive storerooms, which held large clay containers of oil, grains, dried fish, beans and olives – often with gold hidden beneath. The site was discovered in 1878 by Minos Kalokairinos. The excavations in Knossos began in 1900 A.D. by the English archaeologist Sir Arthur Evans and his team and they continued for 35 years.
At approximately 10.30, we drive to Gortyna, the Roman capital of Crete and Cyrenaica and was first inhabited around 3200 BC. Stop at the Village of Plouti for an optional lunch at “To Steki tou Chochliou”.
After the visit, drive through valley of Mesara to visit the archaeological site of Phaistos and its palace, the most important center of the Minoan civilization, and the most wealthy and powerful city in southern Crete.
Finally we arrive to Zaros, attractive, refreshingly unspoiled village famous for its spring water, which is now bottled and sold all over Greece, and an ideal base for walkers to explore the beautiful nature. Zaros also has some fine Byzantine monasteries, and delicious farm-raised trout served up in tavernas around town and on emerald-green Lake Votomos which will be visited.
Late in the afternoon at 18:30, we return to Heraklion at the terminal in front of Astoria Capsis Hotel.
✅ Professional guide
✅ All tranportation by fully air conditioned coach
❌ OPTIONAL & UPON REQUEST Pick-up & Drop-off service from/to your hotel
❌ Entrance fees (29€ adults / 15€ children) – Paid on the spot in cash
❌ Lunch in restaurant throughout the tour (+20€ per person)
❌ Drinks & beverages during the meal
❌ OPTIONAL Gratuities (at guests’ discretion)
Children up to 1 year old, free of charge
Children from 2 to 11 years old 50% discount
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
- For bookings up to 2 days prior to departure please contact us in order to check for availability.
- In case participation for each bus route is less than 20 pax, then all will join in one bus route.
- Please provide fullname, telephone number (country code included), e-mail and accommodation details (hotel name & address) upon booking.
- Please arrive on time to the given meeting point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
Upon booking you will receive from us in a separate mail your activity’s voucher with specific pick-up details (please check your spam folder as well)
For clarifications please send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +30 2810 335 227
We are at your disposal from Monday to Friday 09:00 am till 20:00 pm and Saturday 09:00 till 15:00 pm