Zakynthos Shipwreck Cruise
Duration: Half Day
You will be picked up and transferred to the main harbour of Zante town, where you will join the Stavroula speed boat for an unforgettable experience cruising to the North of the Island and back.
There will be a guide/escort on board. The crews are friendly and professional, offering a good standard of service.
The boat will pass the residential area of Krioneri, the resort areas of Tsilivi, Alykanas and Alykes, up to Skinari, the most northern part of the island, where you can see the lighthouse. Also, just off the port of Agios Nicholas at Skinari there is a small island in the shape of a turtle, officially belonging to the Vatican as it was not ceded to Greece along with the rest of the Ionian Islands in the 18th Century. From this point our closest neighbor, Kefalonia, can be seen.
Heading onto Smugglers Cove, where the wreck of the ship “Panayiotis” can be seen, and a stop for a wonderful swim in the lovely blue waters. Those strong swimmers wanting to swim ashore can do so with the captain’s permission, as there is no dock. The beach is not sandy, it has small white pebbles. Smugglers cove is only accessible by the sea. (Docking and swimming is weather permitting). Continuing, the boat will sail to the famous Blue Caves discovered in 1897. The name comes from the colour of the water, a mixture of aquamarine and turquoise. This area is also the deepest part of the Mediterranean called the Well of Ionysos, which is about 4,500 meters deep. There will be a swim stop here for about 30 minutes
The boat will now turn around and will cruise back to the port in town, arriving at about 13:30
Here you will be met and transferred back to your resort
✅ Pick-up and drop-off from/to your hotel (If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest available pick up point).
✅ Round trip Boat tickets
❌ Personal expenses
❌ Meals & Drinks (snack bar on board)
Remember to bring ‼️ Sun Cream (a lot!), Sunglasses and Hat, Long-Sleeved Shirt for Sensitive skin, Swim Suit and a Beach Towel, Comfortable Shoes, Camera for photos!
⛔ Cancellation Policy
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
⚠️ Important Notes
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- It should be noted that stopping at the Shipwreck is weather permitting and that the captain has the safety of the guests as his uppermost priority.
- Rotation could be changed at the discretion of the Captain. Due to Port Police regulations it is not possible to transfer non- swimmers to the shore by small boats at any swim stops.
Covid – 19 measures applicable for Season 2021:
- Mandatory use of face covering and pre-boarding health declaration questionnaire is required, filled by all adults. Please download it here and have it filled before boarding on bus. Failure to abide by this measure is subject to fines by local authorities.
- Checking body temperature is implemented to all passengers upon their check-in. In cases of fever over 37.8 οC embarkation is not allowed.
Upon reservation, our partners will contact you in order to receive your Voucher which includes your pick-up point and time info. Please be aware that you will have to bring the Voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us.
Zakynthos Shipwreck Cruise
Why to choose this package!
- Swim in the crystal clear waters of Smuggles Cove
- Experience the amazing colours of the Blue Caves
- Enjoy the luxury of a large speedboat