Zakynthos Highlights Tour
Duration: Full Day / 8 Hours – Starting at 09:30 am – Ending at 17:00 pm
Discover the secrets of Zakynthos with this sightseeing excursion.
We begin our day at 09.30 after all the guests have been picked up from their resorts and we return around 17.00 hours. (Depending on resort). Zakynthos is a fantastic island steeped in history and culture. It is very proud of its many local products and crafts from olives, olive oil, sweets, honey, wines to lace, rugs and pottery. On the way to the mountains we will visit an olive factory. Here we can see how the famous olive oil of Zakynthos which is produced in the winter. Continuing northwest passing the mountain village of Kiliomeno and onwards, through Agios Leon to the village of Kampi. Here we see the spectacular views over the cliffs and the magnificent view of the out-stretched Ionian Sea. There will also be an opportunity to have refreshments here. Following on then to Maries, where it is said Mary Magdalene stopped on her way to Rome to protest the crucifixion of Christ and started preaching Christianity.
Our next stop will be the visit to the caves in the North of Zakynthos. Here guests can take an optional trip to the Caves. Small boats will take the guests to the caves which are riddled with hollows eroded by the sea. Anyone not wishing to go out on the boats can relax on shore or take a quick dip. (There will be an extra charge per person for the boat trip). The next stop will be Anafonitria here we will visit the famous monastery of St Dennis- the patron Saint of the Island. Here St Dennis served as an Abbott for the majority of his life until his death on the 17th December 1622. St Dennis was well- known for his healing powers and compassion. In 1703 he was declared a Saint. It is worth knowing that the monastery has recently been renovated uncovering 15th Century frescoes. Lunch stop will be in one of the traditional mountain villages. We will have a shopping stop to sample and purchase various local produce. The bus will now cross over to the North East and head to the stunning photo stop in Katastari overlooking Alykes and beyond.
Finally you will be able to take in great views overlooking Zakynthos town from Bochali where the remains of the old Venetian castle lie. Bochali is a popular spot for the locals especially on an evening where they can relax and meet up with friends.
✅ Pick-up and drop-off from/to your hotel (If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest available pick up point).
✅ Tour guide
❌ Personal expenses
❌ Meals & Drinks
❌ Boat ticket (caves) – 6 euros per adult and 3 euros per child – Paid on the spot in cash
Remember to bring ‼️ Sun Cream (a lot!), Sunglasses and Hat, Long-Sleeved Shirt for Sensitive skin, suitable clothing for possible church & monastery stops, Swim Suit and a Beach Towel, Comfortable Shoes, Camera for photos!
⛔ Cancellation Policy
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
⚠️ Important Notes
- Changes in the order of itinerary are at the Guides discretion
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
Covid – 19 measures applicable for Season 2021:
- Mandatory use of face covering and pre-boarding health declaration questionnaire is required, filled by all adults. Please download it here and have it filled before boarding on bus. Failure to abide by this measure is subject to fines by local authorities.
- Checking body temperature is implemented to all passengers upon their check-in. In cases of fever over 37.8 οC embarkation is not allowed.
Upon reservation, our partners will contact you in order to receive your Voucher which includes your pick-up point and time info. Please be aware that you will have to bring the Voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us.
Zakynthos Highlights Tour
Why to choose this package!
- Tour a traditional olive factory
- Drive through idyllic mountain villages in the north of the island
- Take a boat trip to caves (optional with an extra charge per person for this trip)
- Visit the 15th century monastery of St Dennis, the Patron Saint of the island