Wine Tasting – Olive Oil Tasting
Available from May till October
Daily except weekends
Duration 6 hours
Discover the culinary delights of Crete on a day tour from Heraklion that includes wine tasting, olive oil tasting, and learning about the island’s terroir. Visit a boutique winery and family-owned olive oil producer to sample wine and oil with your group. You’ll have lunch at a mezze restaurant and gain insight into a piece of Crete’s culture from a guide.
09:00 – 09:30
- Picking up clients from their assigned pickup points. (Hotel or other accommodation). Areas for pick up and drop off are in between Agia Pelagia and Malia, Heraklion area)
- First Stop at Olive oil Mill. (Event Duration 50-60minutes).
- Walk around at the olive trees, coming back to the olive oil mill facilities to learn more about the process of making olive oil.
- Olive oil tasting and introduction to different types of olive oil and use of.
- Stop at the Winery. (Event Duration 50-60 minutes)
- Walk around at the vineyards, learning all different varieties of grapes as well as some local special varieties.
- Coming back to the winery facilities to learn more about the process of making wine.
- Wine tasting and introduction to different types of locally produced wines.
- Lunch Time. (Event Duration 60-75 minutes)
- At the graphic village of Archanes, we will be visiting a well-known restaurant.
- The menu will be an introduction to local traditional flavors. Three-course menu including a glass of wine per person. Additional glasses of wine or other beverages such as soft drinks or juices come with an extra charge
- Departing the beautiful village of Archanes to our final destination, customers accommodation. Drop-off times may vary based on customers’ accommodation.
The exact pick-up time will be communicated to you upon confirmation.
The activity is carried out in groups of a maximum of 8 people
A minimum of 4 people is necessary for this activity. If this number is not reached, an alternative date or a refund will be offered.
10% Discount for bookings with more than 4 participants! – Contact us
✔️ Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Pick up mainly from hotels at Heraklion city center, Amoudara, Sissi, Malia, Hersonissos, Anissaras, Analipsi, Gouves, Gournes Kokkini Hani is provided. If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest pick up point. In case you don’t know the closest pickup point, please contact us).
✔️ Transportation with private and air-conditioned Mini Van
✔️ Olive Oil Tasting
✔️ Lunch (please advise any specific dietary requirements or allergies at time of booking) – Vegetarian option is available Upon Request
✔️ Alcoholic beverages – Wine and raki at lunchtime (Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health, consume in moderation)
✔️ Non alcoholic beverages (lunch soda / pop)
✔️ Bottled water
✖️ Entrance fees for the wine tasting (approx. 11.00€ per person for 5 wine tasting accompanied with a platter of local cheese)
✖️ Tips (optional)
Children from 3 to 12 years old pay 35.00€ – wine tasting not allowed
Children from 13 to 17 years old pay 50.00€ – wine tasting not allowed
Remember to bring‼️ Hat, sunscreen, please wear light clothing
⛔ Cancellation Policy
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show 100% cancellation fees
⚠️ Terms & Conditions
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
Upon reservation, our partners will contact you in order to receive your Voucher which includes your pick-up point and time info. Please be aware that you will have to bring the Voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us.
Wine Tasting – Olive Oil Tasting
Why to choose this package!
- Discover the culinary delights of Crete from Real People
- Be a part of the Cretans day-to-day life and share with them their knowledge of local products and delicacies
- Enjoy a private tasting of local wines
- Enjoy a Private Tasting of locally produced olive oil and learn the secrets
- Learn how to cook local delicacies
- Enjoy a mezze lunch in a traditional village
- Personalized experience