Every Tuesday from April till October
From Ammoudara, Analipsi, Anissaras, Chersonissos, Gouves, Heraklion city center, Kokkini Hani, Malia
Duration 8 hours / Stay in Dicteon Cave approximately 1 ½ hour / Stay in Psychro approximately 30 minutes
Stay in Tzermiado appoximately 1 hour / Stay in Kera monastery approximately 30 minutes
Lasithi Plateau is one of the few areas in the Mediterranean with permanent inhabitants at an altitude over 800 meters. It is surrounded by the Dikti Mountains and 18 quaint villages, which still retain the atmosphere of another era. You can admire the remaining famous windmills and the venetian ditches, the drainage system of the Plateau.
Here you can visit the Dictean Cave with the fantastic stalactites and stalagmites, where according to the myth the father of the Greek ancient Gods, Zeus, was born.
The next stop will be the famous village of Psychro, well known for its handmade ceramics and the workshop that will leave you with the best impressions after your visit.
Tzermiado, the capital of the villages on the plateau, will amaze you with its natural beauty, it’s traditional architecture and its breathtaking views. Here you can take pictures of the wonderful landscape, rest for a while and enjoy your lunch in one of the local taverns.
Our last stop is at the historical monastery of Kera Kardiotissa, a monastery inhabited and run by nuns, which is located in an idyllic landscape. Here you can admire the miraculous icon of Virgin Mary, plenty of frescoes and a variety of other icons, dating back to the 14th century.
10:15 Arrival in Dicteon Cave
11:45 Departure from Cave
12:20 Departure from Psychro – ceramics
12:40 Arrival in Tzermiado – Time for lunch
13:40 Departure from Tzermiado
14:00 Arrival in Monastery of Kera
14:30 Departure from Monastery
16:00 Arrival at Heraklion
The timing of the program will be approximate, depending on traffic and weather conditions
✅ Pick-up and drop-off service (Pick-up mainly from hotels in Ammoudara, Analipsi, Anissaras, Chersonissos, Gouves, Heraklion city center, Kokkini Hani, Malia is provided. If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest pick up point)
✅ Transport by air-conditioned coach
✅ Professional Guide
❌ Entrance fee to Dicteon Cave optional (6€ per person) – Paid on the spot in cash
❌ Entrance fee to Monastery of Kera optional (2€ per person) – Paid on the spot in cash
❌ Food & Drinks
❌ Personal expenses
Children up to 3 years old, free of charge and travelling on parents’ lap
Children from 4 till 12 years old, 50% discount on tour rate
- In our office, Aretousas 38 street, Heraklion, Crete
- Directly upon booking from our webiste with your debit/credit card
- Payment link sent by us with your debit/credit card easily and safely
Payment of reservations up to one day before the tour.
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
- For bookings up to 2 days prior to departure please contact us in order to check for availability.
- Please provide fullname, telephone number (country code included), e-mail and accommodation details (hotel name & address) upon booking.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
Upon reservation you will receive from us in a separate e-mail your voucher with specific pick-up information (please check your spam folder as well). Please be aware that you will have to bring the voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 20:00 pm and Saturday from 09:00 am to 15:00 pm.
Book now through our website or contact us for more information at 0030 2810 335227 or send us a mail at email@example.com
Why to choose this package!
- Visit the Dicteon Cave, the cave where Zeus was born!
- Short visit at Psychro village, well-known for its handmade ceramics
- Visit Tzermiado, the capital of the villages on the plateau
- Visit the historical monastery of Kera Kardiotissa