Daily from March 1st till November 30th
Duration 2 ½ hours // Open to public 17:00 pm – 19:30 pm
The adventure starts at 17:00 from your hotel or your desired pick-up location, you will be driven to our traditional farm. We will drive across the center of the island that unites the city (Hora) of Mykonos with the homonym village of Ano Mera, a distance of 7 kilometers. Once we arrive at the village we will pass through the picturesque square. We then continue by walking only 400 meters to the Mykonian Farm where we will be greeted by the Farm’s superintendent who will guide us through the territory, recounting the history of the places while showing us how the organic and the animal farming operates.
Later, while sitting and relaxing on a traditional stone built couch sipping raki we will learn the history of the island’s farming, its livestock and its crops. During the storytelling of the Mykonian Traditional farming habits, you will enjoy a farmer’s snack consisting of bread, tomatoes, kopanisti, cucumbers and poor man’s black olives, accompanied by the traditional raki.
At approx. 18:40 the (optional) farming tasks will begin, which include:
- Cleaning of the garden/picking of the weeds
- Trimming of the garden and vineyard
- Cleaning, watering and feeding of the animals
- Picking of eggs
- Cutting and savoring products from the vegetable garden
- Free time to play / caress the animals or take pictures with them
The superintendent will provide you with the right tools for the tasks and instruct you as you go along. Those clients who don’t want to get involved with farming tasks can have more free time at their leisure.
Shortly before 20:00, we will take the way back to the hotel. More specifically the program:
17:00 Pick-up from the hotel or port
17:30 Arrival at Ano Mera
17:45-17:50 Arrival at the farm
17:50 Welcoming from the farm’s superintendent and tour of the farm
18:20 Treat and snack in the sitting area.
18:40 Optional farm tasks and/or free time
20:00 Departure for the hotel
✅ Pick-up & drop-off service from/to hotels or the closest pick-up point
✅ Entrance fees to the Farm
✅ The small variety of hors d’oeuvres and raki will be provided with the care of the superintendent
✅ Escorted Farm tour
❌ Anything that is not specified as included
Children up to 3 years old, free of charge and travelling on parents’ lap
Children from 4 up to 11 years old 50% discount
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
- For bookings up to 2 days prior to departure please contact us in order to check for availability.
- Please provide fullname, telephone number (country code included), e-mail and accommodation details (hotel name & address) upon booking.
- Please arrive on time to the given meeting point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- In our office, Aretousas 38 street, Heraklion, Crete
- Directly upon booking from our webiste with your debit/credit card
- Payment link sent by us with your debit/credit card easily and safely
Payment of reservations up to 2 days before the tour.
Upon reservation you will receive from us in a separate e-mail your voucher with specific pick-up information (please check your spam folder as well). Please be aware that you will have to bring the voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 20:00 pm and Saturday from 09:00 am to 15:00 pm.
Book now through our website or contact us for more information at 0030 2810 335227 or send us a mail at email@example.com