Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from May till November
Duration 8 hours approximately / Starting time 09:00 am – Ending time 17:00 pm
Enjoy unique views of Cretan Mountains with the help of our premium vehicles.
Starting from our base in Stavromenos in Rethymno, our first stop is at the traditional village of Amnatos, with the view of Psiloritis mountain. At the main square of Amnatos is the memorial statue of Chariklia Daskalakis, who fought at the Arkadi Monastery in 1866.
Heading south, we reach the Orthodox Arkadi Monastery, which dates back to the 16th century. The monastery played an active role in the Cretan resistance to Ottoman rule during the Cretan revolt of 1866. 943 Greeks, mostly women, and children sought refuge in the monastery, after three days of battle and under orders from the hegumen (abbot) of the monastery, the Cretans blew up barrels of gunpowder, choosing to sacrifice themselves rather than surrender.
Crossing the mountains, we stop at the Archeological Museum of Ancient Eleftherna, the exhibits span a period of three and a half millennia (3000 BC to 1300 AD) and include objects of art and everyday life from the Prehistoric, Geometric, Archaic, Classical, Hellenistic, Roman and Byzantine eras.
Continuing East-South we pass by small traditional villages of Mylopotamos Municipality and see the wild beauty of nature. Along the way, we meet goats, sheep and if we are lucky, we might see the Cretan vultures flying proudly over the Cretan sky.
We reach Agios Silas possibly the smallest village of Crete, full of green, time for lunch, where you will taste traditional recipes made of pure local products.
Ending up our tour by visiting Melidoni’s cave, known also as Gerontospilios. It was used for religious ceremonies. During the Minoan Civilization, it was a place of worship for Talos the bronze giant guardian of Crete who protected the island of Crete from enemies.
✅ Hotel pick-up and drop-off
✅ Fully equipped and comfortable 7-seater vehicles driven by multilingual and experienced drivers
✅ Traditional lunch with exquisite flavors (Vegetarian / Vegan menu is available upon order)
✅ Entrance fee for Melidoni cave and for the Archeological Museum of Ancient Eleftherna
❌ Beer, coffee, or soft drinks
Children from 4 to 12 years old pay 55€
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
- For bookings up to 2 days prior to departure please contact us in order to check for availability.
- Please provide fullname, telephone number (country code included), e-mail and accommodation details (hotel name & address) upon booking.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- In our office, Aretousas 38 street, Heraklion, Crete
- Directly upon booking from our webiste with your debit/credit card
- Payment link sent by us with your debit/credit card easily and safely
Payment of reservations up to one day before the tour.
Upon reservation you will receive from us in a separate e-mail your voucher with specific pick-up information (please check your spam folder as well). Please be aware that you will have to bring the voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 20:00 pm and Saturday from 09:00 am to 15:00 pm.
Book now through our website or contact us for more information at +30 2810 335227 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org