Every Saturday from April till October
Duration 5 hours / Stay at Heraklion 2 hours / Stay at market 1 hour and 20 minutes / Stay at Aquarium 1 ½ hour
Saturday market! A different excursion for those who want to experience the island’s everyday life.
We start with the Cretaquarium. Here you are going to admire various marine species, from small fish and clams to big sharks and tuna, all of which are indigenous of the Mediterranean… After
our tour, we can enjoy our coffee in the café of the building before we go to Heraklion.
After our visit in Cretaquarium, we will visit the biggest open-air Market in Pateles where dozens of peddlers offer their merchandise in very good prices.
We continue with a tour around the city of Heraklion (app. 30 min.) with our stop at the Liberty Square in the center. From there, you have the opportunity to visit the capital town of Crete. The Byzantium, the Ottoman Empire, the Venetian Rule have all left their marks on Heraklion. You can admire the imposing fortress of Koules at the harbor, the Venetian Walls that surround the old city, you can sit at one of the many restaurants or coffee shops in the Lions’ Square to enjoy your coffee or your lunch or if you wish to, you will be able to visit one of the many city museums, the Municipal Library and the Art Gallery or one of the numerous byzantine churches.
After this stop, we go back to our hotels.
09:40 Arrival Cretaquarium
11:00 Departure from Cretaquarium
11:30 Arrival in open-air Market
13:00 Departure from open-air Market
15:30 Departure from Heraklion
The timing of the program will be approximate, depending on traffic and weather conditions
✅ Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Pick up mainly from hotels from Heraklion city, Ammoudara and Kokkini Hani till Malia area. If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest pick up point. In case you don’t know the closest pickup point, please contact us).
✅ Transport by air-conditioned luxury bus
✅ Professional Guide
❌ Cretaquarium entrance fee (10€ per adult and 6€ for children 5 – 17 years old) – Paid on the spot in cash
❌ Food – Drinks – Personal expenses
Children up to 3 years old, free of charge on tour rate and travelling on parents’ lap
Children from 4 to 12 years old, 50% discount on tour rate
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
- For bookings up to 2 days prior to departure please contact us in order to check for availability.
- Please provide fullname, telephone number (country code included), e-mail and accommodation details (hotel name & address) upon booking.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- In our office, Aretousas 38 street, Heraklion, Crete
- Directly upon booking from our webiste with your debit/credit card
- Payment link sent by us with your debit/credit card easily and safely
Payment of reservations up to one day before the tour.
Upon reservation you will receive from us in a separate e-mail your voucher with specific pick-up information (please check your spam folder as well). Please be aware that you will have to bring the voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 20:00 pm and Saturday from 09:00 am to 15:00 pm.
Book now through our website or contact us for more information at 0030 2810 335227 or send us a mail at email@example.com
Why to choose this package!
- Saturday open air street market
- Heraklion City tour - Liberty square, Morozini's Fountain, Lion's square
- Loggia Monument, The City Fortress, St. Titus church
- Creta Aquarium - The famous Mediterranean Aquarium