Santorini Sunset wine Tour
Available every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from May till October
Duration: Half Day / 5 hours approximately – Starting at 15:30 am
After a convenient hotel pickup, enjoy activities that include learning about the island’s unique climate and volcanic soil, marveling at amazing views and delicious samples at Gavalas Winery, exploring the beverage’s local history at Wine Museum Koutsogiannopoulos, and admiring a sunset at Sun Spirit Cocktail Bar with nothing blocking the sunset view.
Start your tour with a visit to Gavalas Winery, one of the oldest wineries on the island located in the traditional village of Megalochori. Walk into the village and pass the tall bell tower gate, reach the centuries-old stone complex winery and get introduced to local varieties by the 5th generation winemaker in a courtyard.
Continue with the Wine Museum in Mesa Gonia and get a glimpse of what life was like as a winemaker here. This one of a kind museum happens to be nestled in a cave, a natural labyrinth eight meters below ground and 300 meters long, twenty one years of hard work of the Koutsogiannopoulos Family. Learn about the stages of the winemaking process including ploughing in the vineyards, and then harvesting, stomping, and weighing of the grapes, about the range of machinery necessary to make wine all the way through to what is used today. Refresh your palate by tasting the family’s renowned volcanic wines.
Your last stop will be Oia and Sun Spirit Bar, one of the best places to watch the sunset. Relax and enjoy your wine in this idyllic space, as you watch the sunset deep into the sea.
✅ Hotel pick-up and drop-off (If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest pick up point)
✅ Local Guide
✅ Wine Tasting
✅ Sunset time at a bar with view and wine
❌ Personal expenses
⛔ Cancellation Policy
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
⚠️ Please Note
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate is not appicable, pays as an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years, participation age is 16 years
- Please contact local service provider prior to tour date, to reconfirm meeting point and time.
- Pickup is available from meeting points near your hotel.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
Upon reservation, our partners will contact you in order to receive your Voucher which includes your pick-up point and time info. Please be aware that you will have to bring the Voucher with you during the trip.For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us.
Santorini Sunset wine Tour
Why to choose this package!
- Enjoy activities that include learning about the island’s unique climate and volcanic soil
- Start your tour with a visit to Gavalas Winery, one of the oldest wineries on the island
- Get a glimpse of what life was like as a winemaker by visiting the Wine Museum
- Visit Oia and Sun Spirit Bar, one of the best places to watch the sunset