Every Tuesday from June till October
Duration 11 hours
Kourtaliotis Gorge & Plakias Village
The Kourtaliotiko Gorge is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful gorges of Crete. Inside, the Kourtaliotis River flows, crossing its 2.5 km in length and its towering slopes that reach 600 meters in height. The gorge is an important biotope, since rare species of birds of prey live in the caves formed on its slopes. Plakias Village, lies on the south coast of Rethymno. Plakias used to be a small village in the early 1900s’ but during the times it grew substantially, becoming one of the largest cities in south Crete. Especially, during the 60s beaches of Yialia, as the beachfront of the wider area is called, were a favorite destination for hippies. Now it’s a popular resort and a base for visiting the natural beauties of the region. Plakias has a 1300 metre long sandy beach and there are several other beaches within walking distance.
Preveli Beach & Palm Forest
Preveli is located about 35km south of Rethymno and 10km east of Plakias. Beach of Preveli, also known as Lake Preveli or Phoenix, is located at the exit of the imposing Kourtaliotis Gorge, where the Great River (“Megas Potamos” in Greek) flows. It is certainly one of the most famous beaches in south Crete, accepting thousands of visitors every summer. During the 60s and 70s, Preveli used to be a favorite destination for the hippies. On the banks of the Great River there is a large colony of “Theophrastus” palm trees, which give the region a sense of a tropical landscape. The river, forming a small lake, 500m long, before emptying into the sea, has water all year round. You can walk along the river, under the shade of palm and other trees, and start ascending in the beautiful canyon. You can swim in the cold ponds formed in the gorge. A big fire in 2010 burnt almost everything of this paradise, but the palm grove recovered and still remains a heaven on earth.
At the exit of the river, a sandy beach with pebbles and sand is formed, with sea water being very cool due to the river. In the eastern part of the beach, there is a beautiful rock reminding of a heart. The beach is not well organized because the area is protected (belongs to NATURA network), without any umbrellas. Staying overnight is officially prohibited.
08:30-09:20 Pick-Up from Chania hotels
10:15-10:45 Pick-Up from Rethymno city hotels
11:35 Arrival at Damnoni Beach/Embarkation
11:40 Departure by boat to Preveli Beach
12:00 Arrival to Preveli Palm Beach
15:00 Departure by boat from Preveli Palm Beach to Plakias / Damnoni Village
15:20-16:15 Free time at Plakias Village
16:15 Departure from Plakias Village
16:30 Kourtaliotis Gorge/Photoshooting stop
17:15-19:15 Arrival at your hotel
The timing of the program is approximate, depending on traffic and weather conditions
✅ Pick-up and drop-off service (Pick up mainly from hotels at Agia Marina, Agioi Apostoloi, Chania city center, Gerani, Halepa area Kalamaki, Kolimbari, Maleme, Platanias, Rethymno city center, Stalos, Tavronitis is provided. If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest pick up point)
✅ Air-Conditioned luxury bus
❌ Boat Fare (12€ per person, 6€ for children up to 11 years old)
❌ Food – Drinks & Personal expenses
❌ Pick-up and drop-off service from Kalyves area (requires a minimum number of 4 adults with an extra charge of 6€ per person)
Children up to 4 years old, free of charge and travelling on parents’ lap
Children from 5 to 12 years old, 50% discount
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
- For bookings up to 2 days prior to departure please contact us in order to check for availability.
- Please provide fullname, telephone number (country code included), e-mail and accommodation details (hotel name & address) upon booking.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- Pick-up from Kalyves area requires a minimum number of 4 adults with an extra charge of 6€ per person.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- In our office, Aretousas 38 street, Heraklion, Crete
- Directly upon booking from our webiste with your debit/credit card
- Payment link sent by us with your debit/credit card easily and safely
Payment of reservations up to one day before the tour.
Upon reservation you will receive from us in a separate e-mail your voucher with specific pick-up information (please check your spam folder as well). Please be aware that you will have to bring the voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 20:00 pm and Saturday from 09:00 am to 15:00 pm.
Book now through our website or contact us for more information at 0030 2810 335227 or send us a mail at email@example.com
Why to choose this package!
- Most Famous beach of Southern Crete
- Visit the 2nd largest palm forest of Crete
- Swim in the Crystal Clear Waters
- Walk through the River surrounded by Palms
- Visit one of the most vintage places for Hippies