Minoan and Cretan Cooking Experience
Available Every Tuesday at 11:00 am
Duration 4 hours approximately Starting 11:00 am / Ending 15:00 pm
The Cretan diet is known as one of the healthiest diets in the world and it comes down to us from Minoan time. Nothing is left to chance. Olive oil, wine, honey, grains and herbs are five basic elements of Minoan and traditional Cretan diet that constitutes perfect nutritional value for people. We will take you on a flavor journey from ancient times to today. On the premises of equestrian club in our beautiful gardens, we have created MINOAN STYLE KITCHEN where you will learn to cook Minoan and Cretan.
Once you have arrived, we will take you on guided tour around our gardens, and Minoan theater that we have created. We will prepare you for the journey in time,telling you stories about Minoans and today’s Cretans that only locals know. Next we will cook together in an open air traditional Minoan Kitchen, over open hearth fire, using traditional Minoan style ceramic pots.When your food will be simmering and getting ready, you will be able to meet our farm animals and horses. The final part of the day will be our delicious meal that we will have all together in Mrs. Anna’s garden. The guests with no transfer can stay on our premises as long as they wish after the program ends.
What you will cook:
You will create four dishes and watch a cooking show by our chef.
- Minoan Bread (Made from the scratch by the guests and baked on fire)
- Panspermia (Cooking show by the chef)
- Tigania (Cooking show by the chef)
- Cretan Salad (Prepared by the guests)
- Gemista (Prepared by the guests)
- Tiropitakia (Cooking show by the chef)
- Tzatziki (Prepared by the guests)
At the end of the cooking class, you will enjoy a signature Cretan menu for all tastes. Time to relax and talk about food and other important things in life, in the company of a glass wine and raki.
- Minoan Bread (traditional pita bread) VEGETARIAN & VEGAN
- Panspermia (variety of leguminous vegetables with barley, herbs and olive oil baked in the wooden oven) VEGETARIAN&VEGAN
- Tigania (variety of local meats cooked with olive oil, wine and herbs)
- Cretan Salad (Green salad and wild greens, tomato, onion, potatoes, capers, barley rusks, olives, misithra cheese, oregano and olive oil) VEGETARIAN&VEGAN*without cheese
- Gemista (stuffed summer vegetables with aromatic Cretan herbs baked in the wooden oven) VEGETARIAN&VEGAN
- Tiropitakia (traditional handmade fried cheese pies) VEGETARIAN&VEGAN*instead of cheese wild greens
- Tzatziki (cucumber and garlic yoghurt sauce) VEGETARIAN
DRINKS: bottled water, herbal tea, wine and raki with meal
✅ Alcoholic Beverages (Wine and Raki).✅ All Fees and Taxes
❌ Anything that is not specified as included.
❌ Transfers. Transfer is available, Pick up area from Heraklion to Malia
⛔ Cancellation Policy
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
⚠️ Important Notes
- A Small-group tour limited from 8 to 12 people.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
Covid – 19 measures applicable for Season 2021:
- Mandatory use of face covering before boarding on bus. Failure to abide by this measure is subject to fines by local authorities.
Upon reservation, our partners will contact you in order to receive your Voucher which includes your pick-up point and time info. Please be aware that you will have to bring the Voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us.
Minoan and Cretan Cooking Experience