Every Tuesday and Wednesday from April till October
Duration 12 hours approximately / Starting time 06:40 am – Ending Time 18:30 pm
Knossos is the site of the most important and better known palace of Minoan civilization. According to tradition, it was the seat of the legendary king Minos. The Palace is also connected with thrilling legends, such as the myth of the Labyrinth with the Minotaur and the story of Daedalus and Icarus. The site was continuously inhabited from the Neolithic period (7000- 3000 B.C.) until Roman times. After its partial destruction in 1450 B.C., Knossos was settled by Mycenaeans from the Greek Mainland. The city flourished again during the Hellenistic period in 67 B.C. It was captured by the Roman Quintus Caecilius Metelus Creticus. Knossos was discovered in 1878 by Minos Kalokairinos. Arthur Evans conducted systematic excavations at the site between 1900 and 1931, bringing to light the palace, a large section of the Minoan city, and the cemeteries. The restoration of the palace to its present form was carried out by Arthur Evans.
Heraklion’s Archaeological Museum
The Heraklion’s Archaeological Museum is regarded as one of Europe”s most important museums. The present building was constructed between 1937 and 1940 to plans by P. Karantinos, on the site of the imposing Venetian Franciscan friary destroyed by an earthquake in 1856. The museum brings together archaeological finds from all over Crete, covering over 5500 years of the island”s history. Pride of place is given to the treasures of Minoan civilisation, the entire historical course of which can thus be appreciated. Justly regarded as the home of Minoan civilization par excellence, the museum houses the most important collection of Minoan antiquities the world over. The main building of the museum was closed for interior renovation from November 2006 to May 2013 with a small temporary exhibition remaining opened.
06:40 – 07:50: Pick-up
09:00: 20 minutes stop for breakfast
10:30: Arrival at Knossos – Guiding from a professional guide
12:00: Departure from Knossos
12:20: Arrival at Heraklion
12:30 – 15:30: Free time at Heraklion city – if you wish you can visit by yourselves the Archaeological Museum of Crete
15:30: Departure from Heraklion
17:00: 20 minutes stop for coffee
18:00 – 18:30: Arrival at Chania
✅ Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Pick up mainly from hotels at Kolimbari, Tavronitis, Maleme, Gerani, Platanias, Agia Marina, Stalos, Kalamaki, Agioi Apostoloi,Halepa, Chania Town is provided. If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest pick up point. In case you don’t know the closest pickup point, please contact us).
✅ Professional Guide – whispers included!
✅ Transport by air-conditioned luxury bus
✅ Full Liability Insurance
❌ Entrance fee to Knossos (15.00€ per person) Paid on the spot in cash // EU citizens till 24 years old free of charge / Non EU citizens till 5 years old free of charge / Over 65 years 8€ – ID must be provided
❌ Food and Drinks
❌ Personal Expenses
Remember to bring Sun Cream, Sunglasses and Hat, Long-Sleeved Shirt for Sensitive skin
Children up to 2 years old, free of charge on tour rate and travelling on parents’ lap
Children from 3 to 12 years old, 50% discount on tour rate
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
- For bookings up to 2 days prior to departure please contact us in order to check for availability.
- Please provide fullname, telephone number (country code included), e-mail and accommodation details (hotel name & address) upon booking.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- Τhe trip to Knossos will not include a visit to the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion, as due to COVID-19 it is not allowed to visit groups of more than 15 people. After the visit to the palace of Knossos, the participants will have free time in the city of Heraklion, where they will have the opportunity to visit the archeological museum individually
- Pick-up from Kalyves area requires a minimum number of 4 adults with an extra charge of 6,00€ per person.
- In our office, Aretousas 38 street, Heraklion, Crete
- Directly upon booking from our webiste with your debit/credit card
- Payment link sent by us with your debit/credit card easily and safely
Payment of reservations up to one day before the tour.
Upon reservation you will receive from us in a separate e-mail your voucher with specific pick-up information (please check your spam folder as well). Please be aware that you will have to bring the voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 20:00 pm and Saturday from 09:00 am to 15:00 pm.
Book now through our website or contact us for more information at 0030 2810 335227 or send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why to choose this package!
- Explore the oldest city & civilization of Europe
- Learn more about the Cretan Mythology and History
- Walk in Heraklion town