Daily from May till October
Duration 9 hours approximately / Starting time 07:35 am – Ending time 16:00 pm
Characteristic route to the discovery of the traditional life of our place through the daily activities of the locals as well as the mythological places of Crete such as the cave of Zeus!
Our first stop is the verdant one and one of the representative villages of Crete, Potamies. We will be guided to a traditional paddock where we will see the milking of animals and local activities
such as cheese making. There we will taste traditional products such as fresh cheese that we just watched its production.
Next stop is the Aposelemis dam, the largest water supply project in Crete. The village of Sfendili is submerged in the waters of the dam with its impressive old houses fading on the surface of the
water. Also a natural wetland with a variety of birds.
We continue uphill on dirt roads to the gorge of Empasa. Impressive mountains and wildlife nature with unique views. Opportunity to collect some local herbs.
We proceed to the Lassithi Plateau. Optional visit to the cave of the god Zeus or just a moment of relaxation with the panoramic view of the Plateau.
Following an impressively beautiful route we reach an altitude of 1250m in the Limnakaro Plateau and we will meet the third highest mountain of Crete, Diktis (2148m). Time for delicious authentic food baked in the wood oven in one of the best traditional taverns.
Our last stop in the picturesque village of Krasi. Its square is dominated by the Fountains and the imposing centuries-old plane trees up to 2000 years old (the oldest in Crete). Having enjoyed a route of beautiful images, we return to your hotel full of unforgettable experiences!
Shepherd’s stop (Off Road)
- Treat traditional shepherd’s products
- Goat milking
- Cheese making
- Feedinig animals
- Presentation of traditional activities (shepherd’s house, hand mill, loom, etc.)
Dam of Aposelemis stop
- Sunken village of Sfendyli
Embassa gorge stop (Off Road)
- Herbs collection
- Photos in the imposing gorge
Windmills Seli Ambelou stop
Stop Lassithi – Cave of the god Zeus
- Free time about 1 hour (optional visit the cave or cafe)
Stop Limnakaros 1250m. (Off Road)
- We reach the foot of the third highest mountain in Crete (Mountain Diktis 1248m.)
- Panoramic view of the entire plateau
Food in the restaurant
Stop in the village of Krasi
- Longest living plane tree of Crete (over 2000 years old)
- Stone aqueduct with stone arched fountains
Panoramic view from Sissi to Analipsis
✅ Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Pick up mainly from hotels at Heraklion, Ammoudara, Agia Pelagia, Gouves, Kokkini Hani, Hersonissos, Analipsis, Anissaras, Stalida, Malia, Sissi, Agios Nikolaos, Elounda). If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest pick up point)
❌ Anything that is not specified as included
❌ Baby Seat (+20€) – Upon request
Children up to 1 year old free of charge and sitting on parents’ lap
Children from 2 to 11 years old pay 45€
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
- For bookings up to 2 days prior to departure please contact us in order to check for availability.
- Please provide fullname, telephone number (country code included), e-mail and accommodation details (hotel name & address) upon booking.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- Food in the restaurant: appetizers per 4 people (greek salad, tzatziki,stuffed vine leaves with rice, bread), Adults Menu Options: Pork with potatoes, chicken with potatoes, stuffed vegetables (vegan), Ratatouille mixed vegetables (vegan) // Kids Menu Option: Pork souvlaki with french fries, chicken souvlaki with french fries, burger with french fries, stuffed vegetables (vegan), Ratatouille mixed vegetables (vegan) // Desserts: seasonal fruit or homemade dessert with raki, wine, water. The menu can be changed if there is any allergy.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- In our office, Aretousas 38 street, Heraklion, Crete
- Directly upon booking from our webiste with your debit/credit card
- Payment link sent by us with your debit/credit card easily and safely
Payment of reservations up to one day before the tour.
Upon reservation you will receive from us in a separate e-mail your voucher with specific pick-up information (please check your spam folder as well). Please be aware that you will have to bring the voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 20:00 pm and Saturday from 09:00 am to 15:00 pm.
Book now through our website or contact us for more information at +30 2810 335227 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org