Daily from May till October
Duration 8 hours approximately / Starting time 07:50 am – Ending time 16:00 pm
Discover with us the traditional life of Crete through local activities such as goat milking and cheese making by visiting a traditional paddock. Enjoy an impressive gorge climb, learn through the cooking lessons all the secrets of Cretan cuisine, create your own ceramics and learn everything about olive oil.
Our first stop is a verdant, representative village of Crete, Potamies. We will be guided in a traditional paddock and we will see the milking of the goats but also many local activities. There we will taste traditional products that we just watched their production.
Next stop is the Aposelemis dam, the largest water supply project in Crete. The village of Sfendili is submerged in the waters of the dam with its impressive old houses fading on the surface of the water. Also a natural wetland with a variety of birds.
We continue uphill on dirt roads to the gorge of Embassa. Impressive mountains and wildlife nature with unique views. Opportunity to collect some local herbs. It’s time for cooking lesson from local professional cooks. Participation in the preparation of dishes from pure ingredients and local products.
We proceed to the Lassithi Plateau. Hospitable place with authentic people. Visit to a pottery workshop for the secrets of ceramic art as well as participate in the course for the creation of your own ceramics! Time for a tour of the Plateau and contact with its inhabitants.
Stop at the local cafes (optional)
Time to enjoy the food we prepared earlier baked in a wood oven in one of the best traditional taverns.
Descending we stop at the picturesque village of Krasi. Its square is dominated by the Fountains and the imposing centuries-old plane trees up to 2000 years old (the oldest in Crete).
We end our day with a tour of an olive oil mill and learning how to extract the olive oil. A small taste test will follow!
Having enjoyed a route of beautiful images, we return to your hotel full of unforgettable experiences!
Shepherd’s stop (Off Road)
- Treat traditional shepherd’s products
- Goat milking
- Cheese making
- Feeding animals
- Presentation of traditional activities (shepherd’s house, hand mill, loom, etc.)
Olive Oil Mill
- Guided tour
- Oilive Oil tasting
Dam of Aposelemis stop
- Sunken village of Sfentili
Empassa gorge stop (Off Road)
- Herbs collection
- Photos in the imposing gorge
- Stop at a cafe for coffee (optional)\
Food in the restaurant
Stop at the vilalge of Krasi
✅ Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Pick up mainly from hotels at Agios Nikolaos, Agia Pelagia, Ammoudara, Chersonissos, Elounda, Gouves, Heraklion city center, Kokkini Hani, Malia, Sissi is provided. If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest pick up point)
✅ Lunch baked in a traditional wood oven
✅ Experienced guide
✅ Civil liability insurance
❌ Anything that is not specified as included
❌ Baby Seat (+20€) – Upon request
Children up to 1 year old free of charge and sitting on parents’ lap
Children from 2 to 11 years old pay 45€
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
- For bookings up to 2 days prior to departure please contact us in order to check for availability.
- Please provide fullname, telephone number (country code included), e-mail and accommodation details (hotel name & address) upon booking.
- Food in the restaurant: appetizers per 4 people (greek salad, tzatziki,stuffed vine leaves with rice, bread), Adult & Kids menu Options: Pork with potatoes, chicken with potatoes, stuffed vegetables (vegan), musaka. Desserts: seasonal fruit or homemade dessert with raki, wine, water. The menu can be changed if there is any allergy.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- In our office, Aretousas 38 street, Heraklion, Crete
- Directly upon booking from our webiste with your debit/credit card
- Payment link sent by us with your debit/credit card easily and safely
Payment of reservations up to one day before the tour.
Upon reservation you will receive from us in a separate e-mail your voucher with specific pick-up information (please check your spam folder as well). Please be aware that you will have to bring the voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 20:00 pm and Saturday from 09:00 am to 15:00 pm.
Book now through our website or contact us for more information at 0030 2810 335227 or send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org