Ithaka Highlights Cruise
Available soon on every Friday !!
Duration: Full Day / 8 hours approximately Starting at 9:45 am / Ending 17:30
A sailing Cruise in Ithaka not to be missed!!
Enjoy a day of myth and magic as we gently cruise around our sister island of Ithaka, home to the mythological hero, Odysseus. Relax on board as we sail by the rugged coastline and explore enchanting villages that time has forgotten. Shop in the capital of Ithaka, Vathi, savour the local specialties for lunch in the stunning harbour of Kioni and stop for swimming at the most beautiful beach on the island, the famous Gidaki Bay.
After transferring by coach to the port of Agia Efimia we will board our cruise boat for the day, departing at approximately 09.45. Leaving from Agia Efimia, we make our way around the island of Ithaka in an anti-clockwise direction. First we will sail around the southern part of the island and make our way northwards up the east coast, stopping after approximately an hour and a quarter at the Bay of Gidaki, Ithaka’s most beautiful and famous beach. Here we will have our swim stop for half an hour. There are fresh water showers on board the boat which can be used afterwards.
From here, a short sail of just 15 minutes will take us past the islet of Lazaretto to the capital of Ithaka, Vathi. We will stop here for a full hour and allowing time to explore the town, have a coffee, and enjoy the traditional architecture and local shops. Leaving Vathi, a further 35 minutes sail will bring us into the stunning harbor of Kioni, where we will stop for lunch for one and a half hours at one of the many harbour-side tavernas where people can try the local specialties of the island including onion pie.
From here, we sail up and around the northern tip of Ithaka and into the channel where we head back down the west coast of Ithaka and back towards to port of Agia Efimia where we will dock at approximately 17.30 and then return to the resorts by coach.
✅ Hotel pick-up and drop-off (If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest pick up point)
✅ Round trip boat tickets to Ithaka
❌ Personal expenses
❌ Meals & Drinks
Remember to bring ‼️ Sun Cream (a lot!), Sunglasses and Hat, Long-Sleeved Shirt for Sensitive skin, Swim Suit, Beach Towel, Comfortable shoes, cameras for photos!
⛔ Cancellation Policy
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
⚠️ Important Notes
- Changes in the order of itinerary are at the Guide’s discretion.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- Rotation could be changed at the discretion of the Captain. Due to Port Police regulations it is not possible to transfer non- swimmers to the shore by small boats at any swim stops.
Covid – 19 measures applicable for Season 2021:
- Mandatory use of face covering and pre-boarding health declaration questionnaire is required, filled by all the participants. Please download it here and have it filled before boarding on bus. Failure to abide by this measure is subject to fines by local authorities.
- Checking body temperature is implemented to all passengers upon their check-in. In cases of fever over 37.8 οC embarkation is not allowed.
Upon reservation, our partners will contact you in order to receive your Voucher which includes your pick-up point and time info. Please be aware that you will have to bring the Voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us.
Ithaka Highlights Cruise