Daily from May till October
Duration 3 hours Approximately
Hiking Around the Castle of Tinos. This is a Trekking route around the “Exombourgo” Mountain, where are the ruins of an old castle. you will discover The authentic, unexplored land of the while you are hiking around the castle of Tinos that is hospitable and impressive all year round!
The route starts at Exombourgo, a rock with natural fortifed location, which was chosen by the Venetians to build their castle. Then we will head to the picturesque “Koumaros” Village, a small medieval setlement that is perched on the granite rocks in its north-western roots of Exombourgo, over one a wonderful ravine and has great views of the island’s northern coast. From Koumaros we will continue to the traditional “Skalados” and from there to “Loutra”, through “Krokos”, a village literally in green and in ﬂowers. Besides, his name is due in the plethora of saﬀron plants thriving in the area (“Krokos” in Greek means saﬀron).
On “Loutra” we can admire Venetian buildings, churches and marble springs, the imposing building of the former School and Monastery of Ursulines and the Monastery of the Fathers
Jesuit. A well – built and wide path will take us from “Loutra” to “Xinara”, headquarters of the Catholic Archdiocese of Naxos-Tinos and its former capital municipality of Exombourgo. From there the route will climb to Exombourgo, where we can admire along the archaeological fnds of the 5th century BC
✅ Tour leader
✅ Traditional handmade walking stick
✅ All Taxes
❌ Personal expenses
❌ Transfer from the point of your choice, from/to start & finish point
Children up to 2 years old, free of charge
Children from 3 to 12 years old, 50% discount
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds
Upon reservation, our partners will contact you in order to receive your Voucher which includes your pick-up point and time info. Please be aware that you will have to bring the Voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us.
Book now through our website or contact us for more information at +30 2810 335227 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com
Why to choose this package!
- Hiking around the castle of Tinos in Exombourgo
- Visit picturesque “Koumaros” Village
- Admire the Venetian buildings, churches and marble springs on On “Loutra” village
- Traditional trekking route