Every Wednesday from June until October
From Ammoudara, Analipsi, Anissaras, Chersonissos, Gournes, Gouves, Heraklion city center, Karteros, Kokkini Hani, Malia, Stalis
Duration 8 hours approximately / Starting time 08:30 am – Ending time 16:45 pm / Stay in Matala 4 hours
We reach the famous beach of Matala. This is the place where Zeus, having taken the form a bull, swam ashore with Europa on his back before dragging her off to Gortys. Both the Minoans and the Romans used the place as their harbor. Nevertheless, for most people, Matala means only one thing: hippies.
Back in the late 1960s – 1970s, this little town was a colony of the “flower children”, who lived in the caves that used to be former Roman tombs. Here we will enjoy the crystal waters, the warm sun and lunch by the sea, while later we can explore the prehistoric caves, carved on the steep rocks of the area.
11:20 Arrival at Matala – free time
15:30 Departure from Matala
16:45 Arrival in Heraklion
The timing of the program is approximate, depending on traffic and weather conditions.
✅ Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Pick up mainly from hotels at Ammoudara, Analipsi, Anissaras, Chersonissos, Gournes, Gouves, Heraklion city center, Karteros, Kokkini Hani, Malia, Stalis is provided. If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest pick up point)
✅ Transport by air-conditioned luxury bus
✅ Professional Guide
❌ Caves entrance fee (4€ per person) – Paid on the spot in cash // OPTIONAL
❌ Personal Expenses
Children up to 3 years old free of charge on tour rate and travelling on parents’ lap
Children from 4 to 12 years old 50% discount
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
- For bookings up to 2 days prior to departure please contact us in order to check for availability.
- Please provide fullname, telephone number (country code included), e-mail and accommodation details (hotel name & address) upon booking.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- In our office, Aretousas 38 street, Heraklion, Crete
- Directly upon booking from our webiste with your debit/credit card
- Payment link sent by us with your debit/credit card easily and safely
Payment of reservations up to one day before the tour.
Upon reservation you will receive from us in a separate e-mail your voucher with specific pick-up information (please check your spam folder as well). Please be aware that you will have to bring the voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 20:00 pm and Saturday from 09:00 am to 15:00 pm
Book now through our website or contact us for more information at 0030 2810 335227 or send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org