Every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday from May till October
Duration 11 hours approximately
We travel by bus from Rethymno to the outskirts of Chania and the port of Kastelli.
A boat will be waiting to take us to the island of Gramvousa and the beautiful lagoon of Balos. Words cannot describe the impressiveness of this place. Swim in the lukewarm, shallow, turquoise waters, relax on the pink sandy beach, which is filled with shells, and admire the natural beauty, the rocks and the cliffs rising above you!
When sailing you will have the chance to see a large cave, which is thought to be an ancient shipyard. At the end of the bay, you will see an impressive geological phenomenon. Over time, Crete’s western side is rising, and its eastern side is sinking. The coastline can be traced over the rocky shores.
In Gramvousa you will see a rusty shipwreck. This is “Dimitrios P”, a motor ship that sank in 1968.
From the Venetian fort on the island of Gramvousa there is a breathtaking view over Balos. Bring comfortable shoes if you would like to climb the about 20 minutes climb to the fort. Or if you prefer, you can stay on the beach to swim. You might want to wear swimming shoes in these clear, bur rocky waters.
The boat continues to Balos (or the other way around depending on the itinerary).
This exotic beach-lagoon and rare natural monument is situated between the Gramvousa peninsula and Cape Tigani.
The boat is open to enter at all times and the self-service bar is open throughout the cruise, offering Cretan traditional delicacies and other dishes.
Don’t forget your swimwear for our stay in the white/pink coral sanded lagoon of Balos.
09:45 Arrival at the port of Kissamos
10:30 Departure for Gramvousa island
11:30 Arrival at Gramvousa
13:30 Departure from Gramvousa
13:45 Arrival at Balos
16:30 Departure from Balos
17:45 Arrival at the port of Kissamos
19:30-20:30 Arrival at your Hotel / pick up point
✅ Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Pick up mainly from hotels at Georgioupoli, Kavros, Gerani, Rethymno, Missiria, Platanias, Adelianos Kampos, Sfakaki, Stavromenos, Panormo is provided. If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest pick up point. In case you don’t know the closest pickup point, please contact us)
✅ Transport by air-conditioned coach
✅ Local Guide
❌ Food – Drinks – Personal expenses
❌ Municipality fee (1.00€ per adult / children free of charge up to 18 years old) – Paid on the spot in cash
❌ Boat ticket (28.00€ per adult / 14.00€ children from 4 to 12 years old) – Paid on the spot in cash
Children up to 3 years old, free of charge and travelling on parents’ lap
Children from 4 to 11 years old, 50% discount on tour rate
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
- For bookings up to 2 days prior to departure please contact us in order to check for availability.
- Please provide fullname, telephone number (country code included), e-mail and accommodation details (hotel name & address) upon booking.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- In our office, Aretousas 38 street, Heraklion, Crete
- Directly upon booking from our webiste with your debit/credit card
- Payment link sent by us with your debit/credit card easily and safely
Payment of reservations up to one day before the tour.
Upon reservation you will receive from us in a separate e-mail your voucher with specific pick-up information (please check your spam folder as well). Please be aware that you will have to bring the voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 20:00 pm and Saturday from 09:00 am to 15:00 pm.
Book now through our website or contact us for more information at 0030 2810 335227 or send us a mail at email@example.com
Why to choose this package!
- 8th Best Beach in Europe (TripAdvisor)
- Walk in the Romantic Lagoon of Balos
- Swim in the Refreshing Cool Waters of Balos & Gramvousa Beach (2 Swim Stops!)
- Explore the Pirate Castle of Gramvousa