Daily from June till October
Duration 8- 10 hours approximately
Elafonisi is located 76km west of Chania in the southwestern most point of Crete. Elafonisi is an oblong, which often”breaks” in two parts by water giving the impression of being a separate island and a “Natura 2000” protected area. The island is full of dunes with sand lilies and junipers (like-cedar trees). The endangered turtles Caretta-Caretta and several rare animals nest on the island and it is strictly forbidden to remove any plants, animals from the area. Exotic beach with white sand and turquoise waters, reminding of the Caribbean, are formed on either sides of the peninsula. The sand is pinkish in many places, taking its color from thousands of broken shells.
Near the “breaking” point of the peninsula, the water does not exceed 1m, creating a small lagoon, ideal for children. You can easily cross the lagoon in order to reach the “island”, having your stuff with you, because the water is very shallow there. The eastern side of the beach, in front of the lagoon, is well organized and has the most people. There are umbrellas, showers, lifeguards, snack bars and changing rooms. TripAdvisor website has rated Elafonisi as the 11th Best Beach in the world for 2018.
The Cave of St. Sophia
Built at a height of 80m from the main road that crosses the Topolia Gorge, this church is rich in history and traditions that date back to the battles of Cretans against their conquerors (the Venetians and Turks). Cretan soldiers, who had fought at the siege of Constantinople, carried the icon of Saint Sophia on their way back to Crete. The icon was found wedged inside a rock inside the cave. It is 10m wide and 20m high. Magnificent stalactites, stalagmites and pillars cover the largest part of its surface. Neolithic shells and a previously unknown species of insect that was named Spermophora Topolia were discovered in this cave.
08:00 – 09:20 Pick-up
09:45 First Stop at St. Sophia Cave
10:15 Departure from the cave
11:15 Arrival at Elafonisi
15:15 Departure from Elafonisi / Possible stop at local village (optional lunch – personal expenses)
17:00 – 18:00 Arrival at your hotel
✅ Pick-up and drop-off from/to your hotel (Pick-up mainly from hotels at Kolimbari, Tavronitis, Maleme, Gerani, Platanias, Agia Marina, Stalos, Kalamaki, Agioi Apostoloi, Chania is provided. If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest available pick up point. In case you don’t know the closest pickup point, please contact us).
✅ Transport by air-conditioned luxury bus
✅ English speaking Local Guide
✅ Full liability Insurance
❌ Food & Drinks
❌ Personal expenses
Remember to bring Sun Cream (a lot!), Sunglasses and Hat, Long-Sleeved Shirt for Sensitive skin, Swim Suit and a Beach Towel!
Children up to 2 years old, free of charge on tour rate and travelling on parents’ lap
Children from 3 to 12 years old, 50% discount on tour rate
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
- For bookings up to 2 days prior to departure please contact us in order to check for availability.
- Please provide fullname, telephone number (country code included), e-mail and accommodation details (hotel name & address) upon booking.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- Pick-up from Kalyves area requires a minimum number of 4 adults with an extra charge of 6.00€ per person
- Rubbish disposal and taking seashells from the Beach is strictly prohibited
- In our office, Aretousas 38 street, Heraklion, Crete
- Directly upon booking from our webiste with your debit/credit card
- Payment link sent by us with your debit/credit card easily and safely
Payment of reservations up to one day before the tour.
Upon reservation you will receive from us in a separate e-mail your voucher with specific pick-up information (please check your spam folder as well). Please be aware that you will have to bring the voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 20:00 pm and Saturday from 09:00 am to 15:00 pm.
Book now through our website or contact us for more information at 0030 2810 335227 or send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why to choose this package!
- 2nd best beach in Europe / 11th Globally (TripAdvisor)
- Swim in the crystal clear waters
- Walk on the warm Pink Coral Sand
- Explore the Cave of Saint Sophia