Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from June till October
Duration 12hours approximately / Departure from Heraklion Port at 09:15 am – Arrival at Santorini Port (Athinios) at 11:10 am / Departure from Santorini Port (Athinios) at 18:00 pm – Arrival at Heraklion port at 19:55pm
Stay in Santorini island 7 hours
History of Santorini
The human presence on the island seems to have existed since the middle of the 3rd millennium B.C. The excavation at Akrotiri has confirmed that man’s activity on the island continued until the eruption of the volcano in around 1600 B.C., which entirely buried the island beneath very thick layers of pozzolanic ash. Thera, became an important point on the communication route between the East and the West of that era and adopted the Phoenician alphabet for writing the Greek language. In Hellenistic times the island’s strategic position made Thera a precious base from which the warring campaigns of the successors of Alexander the Great were launched in the Aegean. Within the Roman Empire, it was nothing more than an insignificant small island.
However, Christianity reached the island and an organized church already existed by the 4th century A.C. The name Santorini was given by the Crusaders after the church of Agia Irini (Santa Irene) which some say was at Perissa and others say was at Riva on Thirasia.
The Famous Volcano
Visit the volcano of Thira which is still active! The present-day crescent shape of the island is a consequence of the activity of the volcano in prehistoric times feeding the myth of the lost Atlantis. Santorini is essentially what remains of an enormous volcanic explosion dating back 3,600 years and which created the current geological caldera; a giant central lagoon, more or less rectangular, and measuring about 12 by 7 km, surrounded by 300 m high steep cliffs on three sides. The mild activity of the volcano after this major eruption has built up two small islands within the caldera, Palea and Nea Kameni visited by hundreds of people every day during the tourist season. The impressive caldera dominates the west part of the island while the marvelous dry climate and the almost continuous sunshine create year-around conditions which are perfect for observation, photographs and videos under an extraordinary variety of natural lights and colors.
09:15 Departure from Heraklion Port with Santa Irini ship
11:10 Arrival at Santorini port / Disembarkation, boarding on the buses and Departure for Oia
11:30 Arrival at Oia and free time
13:40 Departure from Oia to Fira
13:55 Arrival at Fira and free time
15:45 Departure from Fira to Pyrgos
15:55 Arrival at Pyrgos and free time
17:20 Departure from Pyrgos to the port of Santorini (Athinios)
18:00 Departure from Santorini to Heraklion port
19:55 Arrival at the port of Heraklion
The timing of the program will be approximate, depending on traffic and weather conditions
✅ Pick-up and drop-off service (Pick-up mainly from hotels at Agia Pelagia, Ammoudara, Analipsi, Anissaras, Chersonissos, Gournes, Gouves, Heraklion city center, Karteros, Kokkini Hani, Lygaria, Malia, Stalis, Sisi is provided. If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest pick up point)
✅ Round trip boat tickets
✅ Guided tours in Oia, Fira and Pyrgos
❌ Volcano Tour (20€ per adult / children 4 – 10 years old pay 10€) OPTIONAL – Paid on the spot in cash
❌ Personal expenses
IMPORTANT! Do not forget your Passport/ID as it is obligatory. National ID’s or Passports are necessary, if you take this tour!
Children up to 3 years old, free of charge and travelling on parents’ lap
Children from 4 to 10 years old, 50% discount
- In our office, Aretousas 38 street, Heraklion, Crete
- Directly upon booking from our webiste with your debit/credit card
- Payment link sent by us with your debit/credit card easily and safely
Payment of reservations up to 2 days before the tour.
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
- For bookings up to 2 days prior to departure please contact us in order to check for availability.
- Please provide fullnames, telephone number (country code included), e-mail and accommodation details (hotel name & address) upon booking.
- Please provide passport or ID details, dates of birth and nationalities upon booking, as it is required by the port authorities.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler
Upon reservation you will receive from us in a separate e-mail your voucher with specific pick-up information (please check your spam folder as well). Please be aware that you will have to bring the voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 20:00 pm and Saturday from 09:00 am to 15:00 pm.
Book now through our website or contact us for more information at 0030 2810 335227 or send us a mail at email@example.com
Why to choose this package!
- Cruise to the 4th Best Island in the world (Trip-Advisor)
- Wander around to the pavements of Fira
- Enjoy the spectacular and very romantic view from the famous Caldera of Santorini
- Visit the volcano of Thira which is still active!
- Visit the amazing beaches of the island