Day Trip to Andros Monasteries from Athens
Available Every Day from January till December
Duration One Day / Starting at 05:30 am – Ending at 18:00 pm approximately
Discover the most beautiful secret of the Aegean and its lovely monasteries, the marvelous Andros on a one-day cruise from Athens. Explore and pray at the monasteries of Aghia Marina, Aghios Nikolaos and Aghia Irene and our final stop in Chora where you will have free time.
A only 2 hours boat trip will take you to Andros, the greenest island which has three of the greatest monasteries in Greece! A ride through history and Andros one of a kind nature!
After you meet with our tour leader and the car you will head to Rafina Port. The sightseeing tours starts from Gavrio port, our first stop will be in Paleopolis where you will learn about the ancient Greek and Roman history of Andros and you will have a great photo opportunity. Until our next stop you will pass by the lovely villages Menites, Strabouries and Ipsilou.
Then the next stop will be in Aghia Marina monastery where you can meet the monks, learn the monastery’s history and pray. Your next stop, after a 15 minute driving will be at Aghios Nikolaos monastery where you can meet the monks, drink holy water, pray at the miraculous images of Aghios Nikolaos and learn the monastery’s history.
The third stop will be at Aghia Irene monastery. Aghia Irene monastery has a great history and many museums that you can visit. Also learn about its charity work where many children are hosted from many institutions.
The final stop will be in Chora, where you will walk with our tour guide and see the lovely alleys of Chora, the statue of unfound sailor and learn about the Venezian and new Greek history of Andros. Then you will have free time to explore Chora until you return to Batsi. If you want a meal you can discuss with our tour leader in which village you want to have it. This tour is designed for you to see as many sights as possible and we promise we will do our best for you to enjoy it!
✔️ English and Greek speaking local tour leader
✔️ Free Wi Fi on board
✔️ Taxes and services fee
✔️ Round trip ferry tickets
❌ Hotel pick-up (upon request)
❌ Gratuities (optional)
❌ Personal travel insurance (upon request)
❌ Breakfast or lunch
❌ Entrance fees
⛔ Cancellation Policy
Cancellations received within five days of the tour will incur a 50% penalty for each person
Cancellations received within two days of the tour will incur a 100% penalty for each person
Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit the entire payment
⚠️ Important Notes
- Meeting point at Klitomidous 18, Kalithea
- Maximum participants: 8 people
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
Covid – 19 measures applicable for Season 2021:
- Mandatory use of face covering and pre-boarding health declaration questionnaire is required, filled by all the participants. Please download it here and have it filled before boarding on bus. Failure to abide by this measure is subject to fines by local authorities.
- Checking body temperature is implemented to all passengers upon their check-in. In cases of fever over 37.8 οC embarkation is not allowed.
Upon reservation, our partners will contact you in order to receive your Voucher which includes your pick-up point and time info. Please be aware that you will have to bring the Voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us.
Day Trip to Andros Monasteries from Athens
Why to choose this package!
- Enjoy a day trip to Andros
- Learn about the old capital of Andros and its history (great photo opportunity)
- Visit the monastery of Aghia Marina (skirts or trousers must be worn)
- Visit the monastery of Aghios Nikolaos (skirts or trousers must be worn)
- Visit the monastery of Aghia Irene and its exciting museums
- Learn about the culture and religion of Andros in the monastery from a theologist
- Visit the lovely Chora and its alleys
- Learn the history from a local’s perspective