Andros – Sightseeing – Half Day
Available Daily from May till October
Duration 5 hours / Starting at 09:50 am
Understand the true spirit of the picturesque Cycladic island with an Andros half-day sightseeing tour. Explore quaint villages, natural wonders, and St. Irene’s monastery on a sightseeing trip full of delights and surprises.
Uncover beautiful sights with the Andros half-day sightseeing tour. Discover Paleopoli, the former capital of Andros, which is brimming with ancient Greek and Roman remains. Learn about the history of Andros from your tour leader. Wander through the quaint villages of Menites, Strabouries, and Ipsilou and take pictures of the traditional settlements.
Hike towards the Pithara waterfalls in Apikia, and discover sights of natural beauty, like Menites spring and the walnut forest that take visitors’ breath away. Explore the monastery of St. Irene and find out its religious importance to Andros. End your Andros half-day sightseeing tour with a fantastic walk in the capital Chora. Roam through the narrow alleys, admire the Unknown Sailor’s statue, and gain insights into the island’s Venetian and Greek history.
Start your Andros Half-Day Sightseeing Tour in Batsi: Begin exploring the city of Paleopoli, which thrived in antiquity.
See Nature at its Best: Take a good look at the marvelous Menites spring and the refreshing walnut forest and experience magic.
Hike to the Pithara Waterfalls: Explore the villages of Menites, Strabouries, and Ipsilou on the way and reach Pithara waterfalls in Apikia for an easy 15-minute hike.
Visit St. Irene Monastery: Find out why religion played a crucial role in the island’s past, all while taking a closer look at the imposing monastery of St. Irene.
End your Andros Half-Day Sightseeing Tour: Make a final 45-minute stop at Andros’ capital, Chora, with its charming little streets, the statue of the Unknown Sailor, and more fascinating details about the history of Andros
✔️ Pick-up and drop-off service from Batsi or Chora
✔️ Transportation by VIP Peugeot minivan
✔️ English and Greek-speaking local tour leader
✔️ Wi-Fi on board
✔️ Taxes and services fee
❌ Museum tickets (in case participants would like to visit: Archaeological Museum of Paleopolis, Archaeological Museum of Andros, Museum of Contemporary Art)
❌ Gratuities (optional)
❌ Personal travel insurance (upon request)
❌ Breakfast or lunch
⛔ Cancellation Policy
Cancellations received within five days of the tour will incur a 50% penalty for each person
Cancellations received within two days of the tour will incur a 100% penalty for each person
Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit the entire payment
⚠️ Important Notes
- Maximum participants: 8 people
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
Covid – 19 measures applicable for Season 2021:
- Mandatory use of face covering before boarding on bus. Failure to abide by this measure is subject to fines by local authorities.
Upon reservation, our partners will contact you in order to receive your Voucher which includes your pick-up point and time info. Please be aware that you will have to bring the Voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us.
Andros – Sightseeing – Half Day
Why to choose this package!
- Acquire impressive historical knowledge about Andros from an experienced tour guide
- Take great pictures and receive a polaroid photo at the end of the tour to remember the day
- Explore beautiful sights in an Andros half-day sightseeing tour around the island’s most prominent features
- Visit villages, the monastery of St Irene, natural treasures, and the cities of Chora and Paleopoli all in one tour