Ancient Olympia Tour
Duration: Full Day
You will be picked up early morning and taken by coach to Zante Town. Then we will travel over to the mainland of Greece by ferryboat, taking about one and a quarter hours. On the boat there is a snack bar. You will also find toilet facilities on board. On arrival at Kyllini port you will rejoin your coach and guide and after a 50 minute drive south we will reach the wonderful site of Olympia.
We arrive in Olympia for the highlight of the trip, the Archeological site. There will be an official guide from the site to take you on a fully guided tour of some of Greece’s treasures. You will see where the Temple of Zeus stood, one of the Seven Wonders of the World; the Temple of Hera,where the statue of Hermes was found and the original position of the Olympic flame and the original Olympic stadium, to name but a few historic points. You will also visit the museum at Olympia.
We return to the village of Olympia for lunch and shopping where time allows. Olympia is wonderful for cut price gold, leather goods, books, and souvenirs. There may also be enough time so you can also visit the medals museum dedicated to the modern 1896 Olympics if you choose to. Leaving Olympia we make the journey back to Kyllini port and the boat should arrive back into Zakynthos port at around 18:30 pm, and you will rejoin your coach to travel back to resort.
✅ Pick-up and drop-off from/to your hotel (If pick up from your hotel is not possible you will be picked up from the closest available pick up point)
✅ Tour escort and English speaking official guide for the site
✅ Boat tickets
❌ Entrance fees for museum and archeological site Site & Museum entrance (12.00 euro per person – Paid on the spot in cash) / Children under 18 years old and adults over 65 years old free of charge – Please provide ID / Students within EU free of charge / Students outside EU pay 6.00 euro
❌ Meals & Drinks
❌ Personal Expenses
Remember to bring ‼️ Sun Cream (a lot!), Sunglasses and Hat, Long-Sleeved Shirt for Sensitive skin, Comfortable Shoes, Camera for photos!
⛔ Cancellation Policy
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
⚠️ Important Notes
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- Please arrive on time to the given pick-up point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
Covid – 19 measures applicable for Season 2021:
- Mandatory use of face covering and pre-boarding health declaration questionnaire is required, filled by all the participants. Please download it here and have it filled before boarding on bus. Failure to abide by this measure is subject to fines by local authorities.
- Checking body temperature is implemented to all passengers upon their check-in. In cases of fever over 37.8 οC embarkation is not allowed.
Upon reservation, our partners will contact you in order to receive your Voucher which includes your pick-up point and time info. Please be aware that you will have to bring the Voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us.
Ancient Olympia Tour
Why to choose this package!
- Go on a tour of the ancient site of Olympia
- Explore the archaeological museum to see significant artifacts from the site
- See the location of one of the seven wonders of the world