Daily from March 1st till November 30th
Duration 2 hours // Starting time 17:00 pm – Ending time 19:00 pm
Olive Oil has been the most important culinary ingredient for Greeks since ancient times. Homer called it the “Liquid Gold” and Hippocrates the “Great Healer”. It is considered the most healthy fat on earth, containing loads of antioxidants, fatty acids, and vitamins and is the core element of the Mediterranean Diet.
During this activity, you will learn how to smell and taste in order to discover the incredible aromas and flavors of some of the finest Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oils. You will participate in an olive oil tasting experience, led by the expert olive oil taster, Anita Zachou, that will help you understand the true meaning of “extra virgin” as well as how to describe an olive oil correctly with terms such as “fruity”, “bitter” and “spicy”. You will discover how to recognize a defective olive oil from a good one. This activity also aims to introduce you to the uniqueness of the Mediterranean Diet and all the health & beauty benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), which can transform your life forever. This is the perfect activity to live and share with your family & friends.This activity is led by Anita Zachou. Agricultural engineer, expert olive oil taster by Jaen University in Spain, holistic wellness coach, and founder of Mykonos Olive Oil tasting.
✅ Pick-up & drop-off service from/to hotels or the closest pick-up point***
✅ A short history of Greek olive tree & olive oil
✅ The basic principles of olive oil tasting and sensory analysis
✅ The important elements that characterize an Extra Virgin Olive Oil
✅Tasting of 2 Award-winning Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oils and 2 olive oils with negative attributes
✅ The basic health benefits of olive oil
✅ Biodegradable tasting glasses
✅ Tasting by an expert olive oil taster
***An additional transfer fee (10€ per person) will apply for transfers from/to hotels in the areas of Elia, Kalafatis, Agrari, Panormos, Super Paradise & Kanalia – Paid on the spot in cash.
❌ Pick-up & drop-off service from/to hotels in the areas of Elia, Kalafatis, Agrari, Panormos, Super Paradise & Kanalia (10€ per person) – Paid on the spot in cash
❌ Anything that is not specified as included
For cancellations up to 2 days prior to departure date, no cancellation fees
For cancellations 1 day prior to departure date, 100% cancellation fees
Non-Show, 100% cancellation fees
- Available for ADULTS ONLY! Children are not allowed.
- For bookings up to 2 days prior to departure please contact us in order to check for availability.
- Please provide fullname, telephone number (country code included), e-mail and accommodation details (hotel name & address) upon booking.
- Please arrive on time to the given meeting point. Unfortunately, there is no option to wait for latecomers. In case of delay, missed pick-up, missed departure time, no refunds.
- The travel agency reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour due to adverse weather conditions or insufficient passengers number or force majeure 12 hours prior to departure time with a notification to the traveler.
- In our office, Aretousas 38 street, Heraklion, Crete
- Directly upon booking from our webiste with your debit/credit card
- Payment link sent by us with your debit/credit card easily and safely
Payment of reservations up to 2 days before the tour.
Upon reservation you will receive from us in a separate e-mail your voucher with specific pick-up information (please check your spam folder as well). Please be aware that you will have to bring the voucher with you during the trip.
For any further clarification, please feel free to contact us from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 20:00 pm and Saturday from 09:00 am to 15:00 pm.
Book now through our website or contact us for more information at 0030 2810 335227 or send us a mail at email@example.com